32 CFR 516.75 - Policy.
(a) Active duty soldiers should fulfill their civic responsibility by serving on state and local juries, so long as it does not interfere with military duties.
(b) The following active duty soldiers are exempt from complying with summons to serve on state and local juries:
(1) General officers.
(3) Active duty soldiers stationed outside the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa, and the Virgin Islands.
(4) Active duty soldiers in a training status.
(5) Active duty soldiers assigned to forces engaged in operations.
(c) Other active duty soldiers may be exempted from serving on local juries if compliance with such summons would have either of the following effects:
(1) It would unreasonably interfere with performance of the soldier's military duties; or,
(2) It would adversely affect the readiness of a summoned soldier's unit, command, or activity.
Title 32 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 32 CFR Part 516 after this date.