32 CFR 750.13 - Claims: Single service responsibility.
(a) The Department of Defense has assigned single-service responsibility for processing claims in foreign countries under the following acts. The service and country assignments are in DODDIR 5515.8 of 9 June 1990.
(4) NATO Status of Forces Agreement (4 UST 1792, TIAS 2846) and other similar agreements;
(8) Public Law 87-212 ( 10 U.S.C. 2736), advance or emergency payments.
(b) Single service assignments for processing claims mentioned above are as follows:
(1) Department of the Army: Austria, Belgium, El Salvador, the Federal Republic of Germany, Grenada, Honduras, Hungary, Korea, Iraq, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, the Marshall Islands, the Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and Switzerland, and as the Receiving State Office in the United States under 10 U.S.C. Sections 2734a - 2734b and the NATO Status of Forces Agreement, and other Status of Forces Agreements with countries not covered by the NATO agreement. Claims arising from Operation Joint Endeavor, including the former Yugoslavia, Hungary, Slovakia and the Czech Republic, as well as the Rwanda Refugee Crisis Area are also assigned to the Army.
(2) Department of the Navy: Bahrain, Greece, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Spain and the United Arab Emirates.
(3) Department of the Air Force: Australia, Azores, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, India, Japan, Luxembourg, Morocco, Nepal, Norway, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Kingdom, Egypt, Oman, and claims involving, or generated by, the United States Central Command (CENTCOM) and the United States Special Operations Command (SOCOM), that arise in countries not specifically assigned to the Departments of the Army and the Navy.
(c)U.S. forces afloat cases under $2,500.00. Notwithstanding the single service assignments above, the Navy may settle claims under $2,500.00 caused by personnel not acting within the scope of employment and arising in foreign ports visited by U.S. forces afloat and may, subject to the concurrence of the authorities of the receiving state concerned, process such claims.
Title 32 published on 2015-08-22.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 32 CFR Part 750.