32 CFR § 842.4 - Where to file a claim.

§ 842.4 Where to file a claim.

File a claim at the base legal office of the unit or installation at or nearest to where the accident or incident occurred. If the accident or incident occurred in a foreign country where no Air Force unit is located, file the claim with the Defense Attache (DATT) or Military Assistance Advisory Group (MAAG) personnel authorized to receive claims (DIAM 100-1 and AFR 400-45). In a foreign country where a claimant is unable to obtain adequate assistance in filing a claim, the claimant may contact the nearest Air Force SJA. The SJA then advises AFLOA/JACC through claims channels of action taken and states why the DATT or MAAG was unable to adequately assist the claimant.

[81 FR 83688, Nov. 22, 2016]