33 CFR 155.750 - Contents of transfer procedures.
(a) The transfer procedures required by § 155.720 must contain, either in the order listed or by use of a cross-reference index page:
(1) A list of each product transferred to or from the vessel, including the following information:
(i) Generic or chemical name;
(ii) Cargo information as described in § 154.310(a)(5)(ii) of this chapter; and
(iii) Applicability of transfer procedures;
(2) A description of each transfer system on the vessel including:
(i) A line diagram of the vessel's transfer piping, including the location of each valve, pump, control device, vent, and overflow;
(ii) The location of the shutoff valve or other isolation device that separates any bilge or ballast system from the transfer system; and
(iii) A description of and procedures for emptying the discharge containment system required by §§ 155.310 and 155.320;
(3) The number of persons required to be on duty during transfer operations;
(4) The duties by title of each officer, person in charge, tankerman, deckhand, and any other person required for each transfer operation;
(5) Procedures and duty assignments for tending the vessel's moorings during the transfer of oil or hazardous material;
(6) Procedures for operating the emergency shutdown and communications means required by §§ 155.780 and 155.785, respectively;
(7) Procedures for topping off tanks;
(8) Procedures for ensuring that all valves used during the transfer operations are closed upon completion of transfer;
(9) Procedures for reporting discharges of oil or hazardous material into the water; and
(10) Procedures for closing and opening the vessel openings in § 155.815.
(11) Statements explaining that each hazardous materials transfer hose is marked with either the name of each product which may be transferred through the hose or with letters, numbers or other symbols representing all such products and the location in the transfer procedures where a chart or list of the symbols used and a list of the compatible products which may be transferred through the hose can be found for consultation before each transfer.
(b) Exemptions or alternatives granted must be placed in the front of the transfer procedures.
(c) The vessel operator shall incorporate each amendment to the transfer procedures under § 155.760 in the procedures with the related existing requirement, or at the end of the procedures if not related to an existing requirement.
(d) If a vessel is fitted with a vapor control system, the transfer procedures must contain a description of the vapor collection system on the vessel which includes:
(1) A line diagram of the vessel's vapor collection system piping, including the location of each valve, control device, pressure-vacuum relief valve, pressure indicator, flame arresters, and detonation arresters, if fitted;
(2) The location of spill valves and rupture disks, if fitted;
(3) The maximum allowable transfer rate determined in accordance with 46 CFR 39.3001(d)(1) through (3);
(4) The initial transfer rate for each tank that complies with 46 CFR 39.3001(g);
(5) A table or graph of transfer rates and corresponding vapor collection system pressure drops calculated in accordance with 46 CFR 39.3001(c);
(6) The relief settings of each spill valve, rupture disk, and pressure-vacuum relief valve; and
(7) A description of and procedures for operating the vapor collection system, including the:
(i) Pre-transfer equipment inspection requirements;
(ii) Vapor line connection;
(iii) Closed gauging system;
(iv) High level alarm system, if fitted; and
(v) Independent automatic shutdown system, if fitted.
(e) If a cargo tank of a tank vessel is fitted with an overfill device, the transfer procedures must contain a description of the overfill device, including:
(1) The tank overfill device system and specific procedures for the person in charge to -
(i) Monitor the level of cargo in the tank; and
(ii) Shut down transfer operations in time to ensure that the cargo level in each tank does not exceed the maximum amount permitted by § 155.775(b).
(2) Pre-transfer overfill device equipment inspection and test requirements.
Title 33 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 33 CFR Part 155 after this date.