33 CFR 154.310 - Operations manual: Contents.
(a) Each operations manual required by § 154.300 must contain:
(1) The geographic location of the facility;
(2) A physical description of the facility including a plan and/or plans, maps, drawings, aerial photographs or diagrams, showing the boundaries of the facility subject to Coast Guard jurisdiction, mooring areas, transfer locations, control stations, wharfs, the extent and scope of the piping subject to the tests required by § 156.170(c)(4) of this chapter, and the locations of safety equipment. For mobile facilities, a physical description of the facility;
(3) The hours of operation of the facility;
(5) For each product transferred at the facility:
(i) Generic or chemical name; and
(ii) The following cargo information:
(b) A description of the appearance of the cargo;
(c) A description of the odor of the cargo;
(d) The hazards involved in handling the cargo;
(e) Instructions for safe handling of the cargo;
(f) The procedures to be followed if the cargo spills or leaks, or if a person is exposed to the cargo; and
(g) A list of fire fighting procedures and extinguishing agents effective with fires involving the cargo.
(6) The minimum number of persons on duty during transfer operations and their duties;
(7) The name and telephone number of the qualified individual identified under § 154.1026 of this part and the title and/or position and telephone number of the Coast Guard, State, local, and other personnel who may be called by the employees of the facility in an emergency;
(9) A description of each communication system required by this part;
(10) The location and facilities of each personnel shelter, if any;
(11) A description and instructions for the use of drip and discharge collection and vessel slop reception facilities, if any;
(12) A description and the location of each emergency shutdown system;
(13) Quantity, types, locations, and instructions for use of monitoring devices if required by § 154.525;
(14) Quantity, type, location, instructions for use, and time limits for gaining access to the containment equipment required by § 154.545;
(15) Quantity, type, location, and instructions for use of fire extinguishing equipment required by § 154.735(d) of this part;
(16) The maximum allowable working pressure (MAWP) of each loading arm, transfer pipe system, and hose assembly required to be tested by § 156.170 of this chapter, including the maximum relief valve setting (or maximum system pressure when relief valves are not provided) for each transfer system;
(17) Procedures for:
(i) Operating each loading arm including the limitations of each loading arm;
(iii) Completion of pumping; and
(20) Procedures for shielding portable lighting authorized by the COTP under § 154.570(c); and
(21) A description of the training and qualification program for persons in charge.
(22) Statements explaining that each hazardous materials transfer hose is marked with either the name of each product which may be transferred through the hose or with letters, numbers, symbols, color codes or other system acceptable to the COTP representing all such products and the location in the Operations Manual where a chart or list of symbols utilized is located and a list of the compatible products which may be transferred through the hose can be found for consultation before each transfer; and
(23) For facilities that conduct tank cleaning or stripping operations, a description of their procedures.
(i) Collects vapor emitted from vessel cargo tanks for recovery, destruction, or dispersion; or
(2) The VCS description required by paragraph (b)(1) of this section must include a line diagram or simplified piping and instrumentation diagram (P&ID) of the facility's VCS piping, including the location of each valve, control device, pressure-vacuum relief valve, pressure indicator, flame arrester, and detonation arrester;
(3) The VCS description required by paragraph (b)(1) of this section must describe the design and operation of its -
(i) Vapor line connection;
(ii) Startup and shutdown procedures;
(iii) Steady-state operating procedures;
(iv) Provisions for dealing with pyrophoric sulfide (for facilities which handle inerted vapors of cargoes containing sulfur);
(v) Alarms and shutdown devices; and
(vi) Pre-transfer equipment inspection requirements.
(4) The VCS description required by paragraph (b)(1) of this section must include all test procedures and a checklist for use during the testing of the VCS required by 33 CFR 156.170(g). The test procedures must specify -
(i) All tests required for initial certification under 33 CFR 154.2022(d);
(ii) All components that are to be tested; and
(iii) Procedures for testing each component.
(5) The VCS description required by paragraph (b)(1) of this section must include -
(i) A list of all cargoes the VCS is approved to control; and
(ii) Copies of any Coast Guard letters exempting the VCS from regulatory requirements.
(6) The VCS description required by paragraph (b)(1) of this section must include detailed operating instructions for a cargo line clearance system as described in 33 CFR 154.2104, if such a system is used by a facility;
(iii) The minimum number of persons required to be on duty during cleaning operations and the duties of each.
(c) The facility operator shall incorporate a copy of each amendment to the operations manual under § 154.320 in each copy of the manual with the related existing requirement, or add the amendment at the end of each manual if not related to an existing requirement.
(d) The operations manual must be written in the order specified in paragraph (a) of this section, or contain a cross-referenced index page in that order.
Title 33 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 33 CFR Part 154 after this date.
- 33 CFR 155.1035 — Response Plan Requirements for Manned Vessels Carrying Oil as a Primary Cargo.
- 33 CFR 155.5035 — Nontank Vessel Response Plan Requirements: Specific Content.
- 33 CFR 154.320 — Operations Manual: Amendment.
- 33 CFR 155.750 — Contents of Transfer Procedures.
- 33 CFR 155.1040 — Response Plan Requirements for Unmanned Tank Barges Carrying Oil as a Primary Cargo.
- 33 CFR 155.1045 — Response Plan Requirements for Vessels Carrying Oil as a Secondary Cargo.