33 CFR § 160.103 - Applicability.
(a) This subpart applies to any -
(1) Vessel on the navigable waters of the United States, except as provided in paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section;
(2) Bridge or other structure on or in the navigable waters of the United States; and
(3) Land structure or shore area immediately adjacent to the navigable waters of the United States.
(b) This subpart does not apply to any vessel on the Saint Lawrence Seaway.
(c) Except pursuant to international treaty, convention, or agreement, to which the United States is a party, this subpart does not apply to any foreign vessel that is not destined for, or departing from, a port or place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States and that is in:
(1) Innocent passage through the territorial sea of the United States;
(2) Transit through the navigable waters of the United States which form a part of an international strait.