33 CFR 334.30 - Gulf of Maine off Pemaquid Point, Maine; naval sonobuoy test area.
(a) The area. The test area or “Foul Area” encompasses a circular area one nautical mile in radius, the center of which is located 7.9 nautical miles, bearing 187° magnetic from Pemaquid Light.
(b) The regulations. (1) Sonobuoy drops will be made only in the designated area and when visibility is at least three miles.
(2) Sonobuoy drop tests will normally be conducted at intermittent periods on a 5-day week basis, Monday through Friday. However, on occasion tests may be conducted intermittently on a seven-day week basis.
(3) Prior to and during the period when sonobuoys are being dropped, an escort vessel or naval aircraft will be in the vicinity to ensure that no persons or vessels are in the testing area. Vessels may be requested to veer off when sonobuoys are about to be dropped, however, drops will be made only when the area is clear.
(4) The sonobuoys drops will be made in connection with the production and experimentation of sonobuoys.
(5) No live ammunition or explosives will be involved.
(6) The regulations in this section shall be enforced by the Commanding Officer, U.S. Naval Air Station, Brunswick, Maine, or such agencies as he may designate.
Title 33 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 33 CFR Part 334 after this date.