33 CFR 384.10 - How does the Corps of Engineers make efforts to accommodate intergovernmental concerns?
(1) Accepts the recommendation;
(2) Reaches a mutually agreeable solution with the state process; or
(3) Provides the single point of contact with a written explanation of the decision in such form as such Corps official in his or her discretion deems appropriate. The Corps official may also supplement the written explanation by providing the explanation to the single point of contact by telephone, other telecommunication, or other means.
(1) The Corps of Engineers will not implement its decision for at least 10 days after the single point of contact receives the explanation; or
(2) The Assistant Secretary of the Army (Civil Works), or the next higher level responsible Corps official, has reviewed the case and determined that, because of unusual circumstances, the waiting period of at least 10 days is not feasible.
(c) For purposes of computing the waiting period under paragraph (b)(1) of this section, a single point of contact is presumed to have received written notification 5 days after the date of mailing of such notification.