34 CFR 222.74 - How does the Secretary identify generally comparable local educational agencies for purposes of section 8003(b)(2)?
(a) Except as otherwise provided in paragraph (b) of this section, the Secretary identifies generally comparable LEAs for purposes of this subpart in accordance with the local contribution rate procedures described in §§ 222.39 through 222.40.
(1) The Secretary asks the SEA of the applicant LEA to identify generally comparable LEAs in the State by first following the directions in § 222.39(a)(4), using data from the preceding fiscal year. The SEA then removes from the resulting list any LEAs that are significantly impacted, as described in § 222.39(b)(1), except the applicant LEA.
(2) If the remaining LEAs are not in rank order by total ADA, the SEA lists them in that order.
(3) The LEA may then select as its generally comparable LEAs, for purposes of section 8003(b)(2) only, one or three LEAs from the list that are closest to it in size as determined by total ADA (i.e., the next one larger or the next one smaller, or the next three larger LEAs, the next three smaller, the next two larger and the next one smaller, or the next one larger and the next two smaller).
- 34 CFR 222.64 — When Is a Local Educational Agency Eligible as a New Applicant for Payment Under Section 8003(b)(2)(C)?
- 34 CFR 222.63 — When Is a Local Educational Agency Eligible as a Continuing Applicant for Payment Under Section 8003(b)(2)(B)?
- 34 CFR 222.61 — What Data Are Used to Determine a Local Educational Agency's Eligibility Under Section 8003(b)(2) of the Act?