34 CFR 361.26 - Waiver of statewideness.
(a)Availability. The State unit may provide services in one or more political subdivisions of the State that increase services or expand the scope of services that are available statewide under the vocational rehabilitation services portion of the Unified or Combined State Plan if -
(1) The non-Federal share of the cost of these services is met from funds provided by a local public agency, including funds contributed to a local public agency by a private agency, organization, or individual;
(2) The services are likely to promote the vocational rehabilitation of substantially larger numbers of individuals with disabilities or of individuals with disabilities with particular types of impairments; and
(3) For purposes other than those specified in § 361.60(b)(3)(i) and consistent with the requirements in § 361.60(b)(3)(ii), the State includes in its vocational rehabilitation services portion of the Unified or Combined State Plan, and the Secretary approves, a waiver of the statewideness requirement, in accordance with the requirements of paragraph (b) of this section.
(b)Request for waiver. The request for a waiver of statewideness must -
(1) Identify the types of services to be provided;
(2) Contain a written assurance from the local public agency that it will make available to the State unit the non-Federal share of funds;
(3) Contain a written assurance that State unit approval will be obtained for each proposed service before it is put into effect; and
(4) Contain a written assurance that all other requirements of the vocational rehabilitation services portion of the Unified or Combined State Plan, including a State's order of selection requirements, will apply to all services approved under the waiver.