34 CFR 367.3 - What activities may the Secretary fund?
(a) The DSA may use funds awarded under this part for the activities described in § 367.1 and paragraph (b) of this section.
(b) For purposes of § 367.1(a), IL services for older individuals who are blind include -
(1) Services to help correct blindness, such as -
(i) Outreach services;
(ii) Visual screening;
(iii) Surgical or therapeutic treatment to prevent, correct, or modify disabling eye conditions; and
(iv) Hospitalization related to these services;
(2) The provision of eyeglasses and other visual aids;
(3) The provision of services and equipment to assist an older individual who is blind to become more mobile and more self-sufficient;
(4) Mobility training, Braille instruction, and other services and equipment to help an older individual who is blind adjust to blindness;
(5) Guide services, reader services, and transportation;
(6) Any other appropriate service designed to assist an older individual who is blind in coping with daily living activities, including supportive services and rehabilitation teaching services;
(7) IL skills training, information and referral services, peer counseling, and individual advocacy training; and
(8) Other IL services, as defined in section 7(30) of the Act and as listed in 34 CFR 365.22.
Title 34 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 34 CFR Part 367 after this date.