34 CFR 370.20 - What must be included in a request for a grant?
(a) Each State seeking assistance under this part shall submit to the Secretary, in writing, each fiscal year, an application that includes, at a minimum -
(1) The name of the designated agency; and
(2) An assurance that the designated agency meets the independence requirement of section 112(c)(1)(A) of the Act and § 370.2(c), or that the State is exempted from that requirement under section 112(c)(1)(A) of the Act and § 370.2(d).
(1) Each State also shall submit to the Secretary an assurance that the designated agency has the authority to pursue legal, administrative, and other appropriate remedies to ensure the protection of the rights of clients or client applicants within the State.
(2) The authority to pursue remedies described in paragraph (b)(1) of this section must include the authority to pursue those remedies against the State vocational rehabilitation agency and other appropriate State agencies. The designated agency meets this requirement if it has the authority to pursue those remedies either on its own behalf or by obtaining necessary services, such as legal representation, from outside sources.
(c) Each State also shall submit to the Secretary assurances that -
(1) All entities conducting, administering, operating, or carrying out programs within the State that provide services under the Act to individuals with disabilities in the State will advise all clients and client applicants of the existence of the CAP, the services provided under the program, and how to contact the designated agency;
(2) The designated agency will meet each of the requirements in this part; and
(3) The designated agency will provide the Secretary with the annual report required by section 112(g)(4) of the Act and § 370.44.
(d) To allow a designated agency to receive direct payment of funds under this part, a State must provide to the Secretary, as part of its application for assistance, an assurance that direct payment to the designated agency is not prohibited by or inconsistent with State law, regulation, or policy.
Title 34 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 34 CFR Part 370 after this date.