34 CFR § 645.14 - What additional services do Upward Bound Math and Science Centers provide and how are they organized?
(1) Intensive instruction in mathematics and science, including hands-on experience in laboratories, in computer facilities, and at field-sites;
(2) Activities that will provide participants with opportunities to learn from mathematicians and scientists who are engaged in research and teaching at the applicant institution, or who are engaged in research or applied science at hospitals, governmental laboratories, or other public and private agencies;
(4) A summer instructional component that is designed to simulate a college-going experience that is at least six weeks in length and includes daily coursework and other activities as described in this section as well as in § 645.11.
(b) Math Science Upward Bound Centers may also include -
(1) A summer bridge component consisting of math and science related coursework for those participants who have completed high school and intend on enrolling in an institution of higher education in the following fall term; and
(2) An academic year component designed by the applicant to enhance achievement of project objectives in the most cost-effective way taking into account the distances involved in reaching participants in the project's target area.