34 CFR 668.81 - Scope and special definitions.
(a) This subpart establishes regulations for the following actions with respect to a participating institution or third-party servicer:
(1) An emergency action.
(2) The imposition of a fine.
(4) The limitation, suspension, or termination of the eligibility of the servicer to contract with any institution to administer any aspect of the institution's participation in a Title IV, HEA program.
(b) This subpart applies to an institution or a third-party servicer that violates any statutory provision of or applicable to Title IV of the HEA, any regulatory provision prescribed under that statutory authority, or any applicable special arrangement, agreement, or limitation entered into under the authority of statutes applicable to Title IV of the HEA.
(c) This subpart does not apply to a determination that -
(1) An institution or any of its locations or educational programs fails to qualify for initial designation as an eligible institution, location, or educational program because the institution, location, or educational program fails to satisfy the statutory and regulatory provisions that define an eligible institution or educational program with respect to the Title IV, HEA program for which a designation of eligibility is sought;
(2) An institution fails to qualify for initial certification or provisional certification to participate in any Title IV, HEA program because the institution does not meet the factors of financial responsibility and standards of administrative capability contained in subpart B of this part;
(3) A participating institution's or a provisionally certified participating institution's period of participation, as specified under § 668.13, has expired; or
(4) A participating institution's provisional certification is revoked under the procedures in § 668.13.
(d) This subpart does not apply to a determination by the Secretary of the system to be used to disburse Title IV, HEA program funds to a participating institution (i.e., advance payments and payments by way of reimbursements).
Title 34 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 34 CFR Part 668 after this date.