(a)General. An institution shall deposit the funds it receives under the Federal Perkins Loan program into its Fund. It may use these funds only for making loans and the other activities specified in § 674.8(b).
(b)Transfer of funds.
(1) An institution may transfer up to 25 percent of the sum of its initial and supplemental Federal Perkins Loan allocations for an award year to the Federal Work-Study program or Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant program, or to both.
(2) An institution may transfer up to the total of the sum of its initial and supplemental Federal Perkins Loan allocations for an award year to the Work-Colleges program.
(3) An institution shall use transferred funds according to the requirements of the program to which they are transferred.
(4) An institution shall report any transferred funds on the Fiscal Operations Report required under § 674.19(d).
(5) An institution shall transfer back to the Federal Perkins Loan program any funds unexpended at the end of the award year that it transferred to the FWS program, the FSEOG program, or the Work-Colleges program from the Federal Perkins Loan program.