34 CFR 690.7 - Institutional participation.
(a) An institution may not participate in the Federal Pell Grant Program if the institution -
(1) Offers at least one eligible program for purposes of the ACG Program, as defined in 34 CFR 691.2(d), but does not participate in the ACG Program; or
(2) Offers at least one eligible program for purposes of the National SMART Grant Program, as defined in 34 CFR 691.2(d), but does not participate in the National SMART Grant Program.
(b) If an institution begins participation in the Federal Pell Grant Program during an award year, a student enrolled and attending that institution is eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant for the payment period during which the institution enters into a program participation agreement with the Secretary and any subsequent payment period.
(c) If an institution becomes ineligible to participate in the Federal Pell Grant Program during an award year, an eligible student who was attending the institution and who submitted a valid SAR to the institution, or for whom the institution obtained a valid ISIR, before the date the institution became ineligible is paid a Federal Pell Grant for that award year for -
(1) The payment periods that the student completed before the institution became ineligible; and
(2) The payment period in which the institution became ineligible.
(1) If an institution loses its eligibility to participate in the FFEL or Direct Loan program under the provisions of subpart M of 34 CFR part 668, it also loses its eligibility to participate in the Federal Pell Grant Program for the same period of time.
(2) That loss of eligibility must be in accordance with the provisions of 34 CFR 668.187.
(e) An institution which becomes ineligible shall, within 45 days after the effective date of loss of eligibility, provide to the Secretary -
(1) The name and enrollment status of each eligible student who, during the award year, submitted a valid SAR to the institution before it became ineligible;
(2) The amount of funds paid to each Federal Pell Grant recipient for that award year;
(3) The amount due each student eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant through the end of the payment period during which the institution became ineligible; and
(4) An accounting of the Federal Pell Grant expenditures for that award year to the date of termination.
Title 34 published on 20-Nov-2017 04:24
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 34 CFR Part 690 after this date.