34 CFR 8.2 - What definitions apply?
The following definitions apply to this part:
Adjudicative authority includes, but is not limited to -
(1) A court of law or other judicial forums; and
(2) Mediation, arbitration, or other forums for dispute resolution.
Department means the U.S. Department of Education.
Employee means a current or former employee or official of the Department or of an advisory committee of the Department, including a special government employee, unless specifically provided otherwise in this part.
Legal proceeding means -
(1) A proceeding before an adjudicative authority;
(2) A legislative proceeding, except for a proceeding before either House of Congress or before any committee or subcommittee of Congress, to the extent of matter within the committee's or subcommittee's jurisdiction; or
(3) An administrative proceeding.
Testimony means statements made in connection with a legal proceeding, including but not limited to statements in court or other forums, depositions, declarations, affidavits, or responses to interrogatories.
United States means the Federal Government of the United States and any of its agencies or instrumentalities.
Title 34 published on 2015-12-04.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 34 CFR Part 8.