36 CFR 1008.9 - Disclosure of records.
(a)Prohibition of disclosure. No record contained in a system of records may be disclosed by any means of communication to any person, or to another agency, except pursuant to a written request by, or with the prior written consent of, the individual to whom the record pertains.
(2) Required by the Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. 552.
(2) To the Bureau of the Census for purposes of planning or carrying out a census or survey or related activity pursuant to the provisions of Title 13, U.S. Code.
(3) To a recipient who has provided the system manager responsible for the system in which the record is maintained with advance adequate written assurance that the record will be used solely as a statistical research or reporting record, and the record is to be transferred in a form that is not individually identifiable;
(4) To the National Archives and Records Administration as a record which has sufficient historical or other value to warrant its continued preservation by the U.S. Government, or for evaluation by the Archivist of the United States or the designee of the Archivist to determine whether the record has such value;
(5) To another agency or to an instrumentality of any governmental jurisdiction within or under the control of the United States for a civil or criminal law enforcement activity if the activity is authorized by law, and if the head of the agency or instrumentality has made a written request to the Presidio Trust specifying the particular portion desired and the law enforcement activity for which the record is sought;
(6) To a person pursuant to a showing of compelling circumstances affecting the health or safety of an individual if upon such disclosure notification is transmitted to the last known address of such individual;
(7) To either House of Congress, or, to the extent of matter within its jurisdiction, any committee or subcommittee thereof, any joint committee of Congress or subcommittee of any such joint committee;
(8) To the Comptroller General, or any of his authorized representatives, in the course of the performance of the duties of the General Accounting Office;
(9) Pursuant to the order of a court of competent jurisdiction; or
(10) To a consumer reporting agency in accordance with section 3(d) of the Federal Claims Collection Act of 1966, as amended ( 31 U.S.C. 3711(f)).
(d)Reviewing records prior to disclosure.
(1) Prior to any disclosure of a record about an individual, unless disclosure is required by the Freedom of Information Act, reasonable efforts shall be made to ensure that the records are accurate, complete, timely and relevant for agency purposes.
(2) When a record is disclosed in connection with a Freedom of Information Act request made under this part and it is appropriate and administratively feasible to do so, the requester shall be informed of any information known to the Presidio Trust indicating that the record may not be fully accurate, complete, or timely.
Title 36 published on 17-Nov-2018 03:49
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 36 CFR Part 1008 after this date.