36 CFR § 214.11 - Intervention.
(1) Be a holder, an operator, or a solicited applicant who claims an interest relating to the subject matter of the decision being appealed and is so situated that disposition of the appeal may impair that interest; and
(b) Request to intervene. A request to intervene must include:
(1) The requester's name, mailing address, daytime telephone number, and email address, if any;
(2) A brief description of the decision being appealed, including the name and title of the Responsible Official and the date of the decision;
(5) A discussion of the factual and legal allegations in the appeal with which the requester agrees or disagrees;
(6) A description of additional facts and issues that are not raised in the appeal that the requester believes are relevant and should be considered;
(7) A description of the relief sought, particularly as it differs from the relief sought by the appellant;
(8) Where applicable, a response to the appellant's request for a stay of the decision being appealed;
(11) The requester's signature and the date.
(d) Intervention decision. The Appeal Deciding Officer shall have 5 days after the date a response to a request to intervene is due to issue a decision granting or denying the request. The Appeal Deciding Officer's decision shall be in writing and shall briefly explain the basis for granting or denying the request. The Appeal Deciding Officer shall deny a request to intervene or shall withdraw a decision granting intervenor status as moot if the corresponding appeal is dismissed under § 214.10.