36 CFR 7.55 - Lake Roosevelt National Recreation Area.
(b)Aircraft. Float planes may be operated on Lake Roosevelt on those waters not administered by Indians as part of the Indian Zone, i.e., mid-channel to the shore of the non-Indian side of the Lake. A map showing the waters where aircraft may be operated will be available in the office of the superintendent.
(c)Personal Watercraft (PWC).
(1) PWCs are allowed on the waters within Lake Roosevelt National Recreation Area except in the following areas:
(i) Crescent Bay Lake.
(ii) Kettle River above the Hedlund Bridge.
(2) Launch and retrieval of PWC are permitted only at designated launch ramps. Launching and retrieval of PWC at Napoleon Bridge launch ramp is prohibited.
(3) PWC may land anywhere along the shoreline except in designated swimming areas.
(4) PWC may not be operated at greater than flat-wake speeds in the following locations:
(i) Upper Hawk Creek from the waterfall near the campground through the area known as the “narrows” to the confluence of the lake, marked by “flat wake” buoy(s).
(ii) Within 200 feet of launch ramps, marina facilities, campground areas, water skiers, beaches occupied by swimmers, or other persons in the water.
(iii) The stretch of the Spokane Arm from 200 feet west of the Two Rivers Marina on the downstream end, to 200 feet east of the Fort Spokane launch ramp on the upstream end, above the vehicle bridge.
(5) The Superintendent may temporarily limit, restrict or terminate access to the areas designated for PWC use after taking into consideration public health and safety, natural and cultural resource protection, and other management activities and objectives.
Title 36 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 36 CFR Part 7 after this date.