36 CFR 7.89 - New River Gorge National River.
(a) Hunting -
(1) May I hunt within New River Gorge National River? Yes, you may hunt if you:
(iii) Do not violate any closures or limitations established by the Superintendent for reasons of public safety, resource protection, or other management considerations.
(2) Do West Virginia state hunting laws apply within New River Gorge National River? Yes, non-conflicting State hunting laws are adopted as part of the regulations in this section and apply within New River Gorge National River.
(1) Where may I ride a bicycle within New River Gorge National River? Bicycle use is allowed:
(i) On park roads and in parking areas; and
(ii) On administrative roads and trails authorized for bicycle use as listed in the following table.
(2) How will I know where these administrative roads and trails are located in the park? The administrative roads and trails where bicycle use is authorized are identified on maps located in the Superintendent's office, at park visitor centers, at interpretive kiosks, and on the park's Web site. Additional information about bicycling will also be posted at appropriate trailheads and other locations.
(3) What requirements must I meet to ride a bicycle within New River Gorge National River? (i) In addition to the applicable provisions in 36 CFR part 4, all bicyclists must yield to other trail users in the following manner:
(A) A bicyclist must yield to an equestrian;
(B) A bicyclist must yield to a pedestrian; and
(C) A bicyclist travelling downhill must yield to a bicyclist travelling uphill.
(ii) Yielding the right of way requires slowing down to a safe speed, being prepared to stop, establishing communication, and passing safely.
(iii) Failure to yield is prohibited.
(4) How will the Superintendent manage bicycle use where it is authorized? The Superintendent may close park and administrative roads, parking areas and trails, or portions thereof, reopen the same, or impose conditions or restrictions for bicycle use after taking into consideration public health and safety, natural and cultural resource protection, and other management activities and objectives.
(ii) Violating a closure, condition, or restriction is prohibited.
Title 36 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 36 CFR Part 7 after this date.