36 CFR 905.735-201 - General standards of conduct.
(a) All employees shall conduct themselves on the job so as to efficiently discharge the work of the Corporation. Courtesy, consideration, and promptness are to be observed in dealing with the public, Congress, and other governmental agencies.
(b) All employees shall conduct themselves off the job so as not to reflect adversely upon the Corporation or the Federal service.
(c) Employee conduct shall exemplify the highest standards of integrity. Employees shall avoid any action, whether or not specifically prohibited by this part, which might result in, or create the appearance of:
(1) Using public office for private gain;
(2) Giving preferential treatment to any person;
(3) Impeding Government efficiency or economy;
(4) Losing complete independence or impartiality;
(5) Making a Government decision outside official channels; or
(6) Affecting adversely the confidence of the public in the integrity of the Government.