37 CFR 1.113 - Final rejection or action.
(a) On the second or any subsequent examination or consideration by the examiner the rejection or other action may be made final, whereupon applicant's, or for ex parte reexaminations filed under § 1.510, patent owner's reply is limited to appeal in the case of rejection of any claim ( § 41.31 of this title), or to amendment as specified in § 1.114 or § 1.116. Petition may be taken to the Director in the case of objections or requirements not involved in the rejection of any claim (§ 1.181). Reply to a final rejection or action must comply with § 1.114 or paragraph (c) of this section. For final actions in an inter partes reexamination filed under § 1.913, see § 1.953.
(b) In making such final rejection, the examiner shall repeat or state all grounds of rejection then considered applicable to the claims in the application, clearly stating the reasons in support thereof.
(c) Reply to a final rejection or action must include cancellation of, or appeal from the rejection of, each rejected claim. If any claim stands allowed, the reply to a final rejection or action must comply with any requirements or objections as to form.
- 37 CFR 1.112 — Reconsideration Before Final Action.
- 37 CFR 1.114 — Request for Continued Examination.
- 37 CFR 1.116 — Amendments and Affidavits or Other Evidence After Final Action and Prior to Appeal.
- 37 CFR 1.703 — Period of Adjustment of Patent Term Due to Examination Delay.
- 37 CFR 41.31 — Appeal to Board.