37 CFR 1.135 - Abandonment for failure to reply within time period.
(a) If an applicant of a patent application fails to reply within the time period provided under § 1.134 and § 1.136, the application will become abandoned unless an Office action indicates otherwise.
(b) Prosecution of an application to save it from abandonment pursuant to paragraph (a) of this section must include such complete and proper reply as the condition of the application may require. The admission of, or refusal to admit, any amendment after final rejection or any amendment not responsive to the last action, or any related proceedings, will not operate to save the application from abandonment.
(c) When reply by the applicant is a bona fide attempt to advance the application to final action, and is substantially a complete reply to the non-final Office action, but consideration of some matter or compliance with some requirement has been inadvertently omitted, applicant may be given a new time period for reply under § 1.134 to supply the omission.
- 37 CFR 1.111 — Reply by Applicant or Patent Owner to a Non-Final Office Action.
- 37 CFR 1.85 — Corrections to Drawings.
- 37 CFR 1.704 — Reduction of Period of Adjustment of Patent Term.
- 37 CFR 1.116 — Amendments and Affidavits or Other Evidence After Final Action and Prior to Appeal.
- 37 CFR 1.105 — Requirements for Information.
- 37 CFR 1.136 — Extensions of Time.