37 CFR 2.20 - Declarations in lieu of oaths.
prev | next
§ 2.20 Declarations in lieu of oaths.
Instead of an oath, affidavit, or sworn statement, the language of 28 U.S.C. 1746, or the following declaration language, may be used:
The signatory being warned that willful false statements and the like are punishable by fine or imprisonment, or both, under 18 U.S.C. 1001, and that such willful false statements and the like may jeopardize the validity of the application or submission or any registration resulting therefrom, declares that all statements made of his/her own knowledge are true and all statements made on information and belief are believed to be true.
[ 80 FR 33178, June 11, 2015]
The section you are viewing is cited by the following CFR sections.
- 37 CFR 7.24 — Requests to Record Security Interest or Other Restriction of Holder's Rights of Disposal or Release of Such Restriction Submitted Through the Office.
- 37 CFR 2.167 — Affidavit or Declaration Under Section 15.
- 37 CFR 2.153 — Publication Requirements.
- 37 CFR 2.2 — Definitions.
- 37 CFR 2.123 — Trial Testimony In
- 37 CFR 7.23 — Requests for Recording Assignments at the International Bureau.