38 CFR 21.142 - Adult basic education.
(a)Definition. The termadult basic education means an instructional program for the undereducated adult planned around those basic and specific skills most needed to help him or her to function adequately in society.
(b)Purposes. The purposes of providing adult basic education are to:
(1) Upgrade a veteran's basic educational skills;
(2) Provide refresher training; or
(3) Remedy deficiencies which prevent the veteran from undertaking a course of education or vocational training.
(c)Periods during which basic adult education may be provided. Basic adult education may be authorized, as necessary, during;
(1) Rehabilitation to the point of employability;
(2) Extended evaluation; and
(3) Independent living services.
Title 38 published on 2015-12-03
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 38 CFR Part 21 after this date.