38 CFR 21.4212 - Referral to Committee on Educational Allowances.
(a)Form and content of referral to Committee. When the Director of the VA Regional Processing Office of jurisdiction refers a case to the Committee on Educational Allowances, as provided in § 21.4210(g), the referral will be in writing and will -
(2) Describe the substantial pattern of veterans, servicemembers, reservists, or eligible persons receiving educational assistance to which they are not entitled which the Director has cause to believe exists, if applicable;
(3) Outline the nature of the evidence relied on by the Director in reaching the conclusions of paragraphs (a)(1) and (a)(2) of this section;
(4) Describe the Director's efforts to obtain corrective action and the results of those efforts; and
(5) Ask the Committee on Educational Allowances to perform the functions described in §§ 21.4211, 21.4213, and 21.4214 and to recommend to the Director whether educational assistance payable to individuals pursuing the courses in question should be discontinued; approval of new enrollments should be denied; and/or payment to individuals for licensing or certification tests should be denied, as appropriate.
(b)Notice of the referral.
(1) At the time of referral the Director will -
(i) Send notice of the referral, including a copy of the referral document, by certified mail to the educational institution. The notice will include statements that the Committee on Educational Allowances will conduct a hearing; that the educational institution has the right to appear before the Committee and be represented at the hearing to be scheduled; and that, if the educational institution intends to appear at the hearing, it must notify the Committee within 60 days of the date of mailing of the notice;
(ii) Provide an information copy of the notice and referral document to the State approving agency of jurisdiction; and
(iii) Place a copy of the notice and referral document on display at the VA Regional Processing Office of jurisdiction for review by any interested party or parties.
(2) The Director will provide a copy of the notice and referral document to the VA Regional Counsel, or designee, of jurisdiction, who will represent VA before the Committee on Educational Allowances.
Title 38 published on 09-Jun-2018 03:51
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 38 CFR Part 21 after this date.