38 CFR 21.5292 - Reduced monthly contribution for certain individuals.
(1) Enlist or reenlist in the Army, Navy, Air Force or Marine Corps after November 30, 1980, and before October 1, 1981;
(2) Elect or have elected to participate in the Post-Vietnam Era Educational Assistance Program; and
(3) Be chosen for the pilot program by the Secretary of Defense or his or her designee.
(b)Monthly contributions made by the Secretary of Defense.
(c)Restrictions on monthly contributions. The Secretary of Defense may not make a payment under the pilot program on behalf of any person for any month:
(1) Before the month in which the person enlisted or reenlisted in the Army, Navy, Air Force or Marine Corps, or
(2) Before December 1980.
(d)Refunds. If an individual participating in the pilot program disenrolls, any monthly contributions made by the Secretary of Defense will be returned to the Secretary of Defense rather than refunded to the individual.
(e)Application of sections to this portion of the pilot program.
(1) The following sections apply to this portion of the pilot program with amendments as noted:
(2) Except as amended in paragraph (e)(1) of this section §§ 21.5001 through 21.5041 and §§ 21.5050 through 21.5270 apply without change to this portion of the pilot program. See § 21.5296.
Title 38 published on 2015-12-03
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 38 CFR Part 21 after this date.