38 CFR 21.5294 - Transfer of entitlement.
(1) After June 30, 1981 and before October 1, 1981, reenlist in the Army;
(2) Be a participant;
(3) Possess a critical military specialty as determined by the Secretary of Defense; and
(4) Be chosen for his portion of the pilot program by the Secretary of Defense or his or her designee.
(b)Persons who may receive transferred entitlement. An individual meeting the requirements of paragraph (a) of this section may transfer entitlement earned under § 21.5071 for the purpose of allowing another person to receive educational assistance allowance. Entitlement may be transferred only:
(2) To one person at a time,
(c)Educational assistance allowance.
(1) The individual must specify in writing to the Department of Veterans Affairs the period of time he or she wishes the spouse or child to receive educational assistance allowance on the basis of the transfer of entitlement. The Department of Veterans Affairs will not pay educational assistance allowance to a spouse or child for training completed either before or after the period specified by the participant.
(ii) The first day of the period authorized by the participant for the transfer of entitlement.
(iii) The ending date specified in § 21.4135;
(v) The last day of the period authorized by the participant for the transfer of entitlement.
(d)Application of VA regulations to this portion of the pilot program.
(1) Sections 21.5030 (a) and (b), 21.5040, 21.5041 and 21.5050 through 21.5067 and § 21.5145 apply to the individual who is participating in this portion of the pilot program, but they do not apply to the individual's spouse or child, per se.
(2) The following sections apply to this portion of the pilot program with amendments as noted:
(3) Except as amended in paragraph (d)(2) of this section the following sections apply without change to this portion of the pilot program:
(i) Sections 21.5001 through 21.5023,
(ii) Section 21.5030(c),
(iii) Sections 21.5070 through 21.5130,
(iv) Section 21.5131, and
(v) Sections 21.5132 through 21.5300.
(4) Section 21.5131 (a) and (b) does not apply to this portion of the pilot program.
Title 38 published on 09-Jun-2018 03:51
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 38 CFR Part 21 after this date.