38 CFR 21.60 - Vocational Rehabilitation Panel.
(a)Establishment of the Panel. A Vocational Rehabilitation Panel will be established at each field facility by the facility head. The purpose of the Panel is to provide technical assistance in the planning of rehabilitation programs for seriously disabled veterans and dependents. This purpose will be most effectively carried out through use of the services of a wide range of professionals to bring the resources of the Department of Veterans Affairs and the community to bear on problems presented in the individual case.
(b)Composition of the Panel. The Panel will include, but not be limited to the following:
(2) A vocational rehabilitation specialist in VR&E;
(3) A medical consultant from a Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center;
(4) A member of the Social Services staff from a Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center; and
(5) Other specialists from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
(c)Appointment to the Panel.
(1) The VR&E (Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment) Officer may not serve as either chairperson or member of the Panel.
(2) The VR&E Officer will arrange for the participation of nonmedical professional staff in the Panel's meetings.
(d)Scope of Panel review. The Panel will review each case which has been referred to it in relation to:
(1) Specific reason for the referral; and
(2) Other problem areas which the Panel identifies in the course of its consideration of the case.
(e)Referral. A case may be referred to the Panel by:
(1) A CP or VRC in VR&E;
(2) A vocational rehabilitation specialist in VR&E; or
(3) The VR&E officer.
(f)Report. The Panel must prepare a report on its findings and recommendations in each case. The Panel's recommendations may include specific actions which are warranted on the basis of current information, or may identify additional information needed to provide a sounder basis for planning the veteran's program of rehabilitation.