40 CFR 124.17 - Response to comments.
(a) (Applicable to State programs, see §§ 123.25 (NPDES), 145.11 (UIC), 233.26 (404), and 271.14 (RCRA).) At the time that any final permit decision is issued under § 124.15, the Director shall issue a response to comments. States are only required to issue a response to comments when a final permit is issued. This response shall:
(2) Briefly describe and respond to all significant comments on the draft permit or the permit application (for section 404 permits only) raised during the public comment period, or during any hearing.
(b) For EPA-issued permits, any documents cited in the response to comments shall be included in the administrative record for the final permit decision as defined in § 124.18. If new points are raised or new material supplied during the public comment period, EPA may document its response to those matters by adding new materials to the administrative record.
(c) (Applicable to State programs, see §§ 123.25 (NPDES), 145.11 (UIC), 233.26 (404), and 271.14 (RCRA).) The response to comments shall be available to the public.
- 40 CFR 122.28 — General Permits (Applicable to State NPDES Programs, See § 123.25).
- 40 CFR 271.14 — Requirements for Permitting.
- 40 CFR 145.11 — Requirements for Permitting.
- 40 CFR 124.18 — Administrative Record for Final Permit When EPA Is the Permitting Authority.
- 40 CFR 124.19 — Appeal of RCRA, UIC, NPDES and PSD Permits.
- 40 CFR 123.25 — Requirements for Permitting.
- 40 CFR 124.6 — Draft Permits.
- 40 CFR 124.205 — What Must I Do as the Director of the Regulatory Agency to Prepare a Final Standardized Permit?