40 CFR 1506.10 - Timing of agency action.
(a) The Environmental Protection Agency shall publish a notice in the Federal Register each week of the environmental impact statements filed during the preceding week. The minimum time periods set forth in this section shall be calculated from the date of publication of this notice.
(b) No decision on the proposed action shall be made or recorded under § 1505.2 by a Federal agency until the later of the following dates:
(1) Ninety (90) days after publication of the notice described above in paragraph (a) of this section for a draft environmental impact statement.
(2) Thirty (30) days after publication of the notice described above in paragraph (a) of this section for a final environmental impact statement.
(c) If the final environmental impact statement is filed within ninety (90) days after a draft environmental impact statement is filed with the Environmental Protection Agency, the minimum thirty (30) day period and the minimum ninety (90) day period may run concurrently. However, subject to paragraph (d) of this section agencies shall allow not less than 45 days for comments on draft statements.
(d) The lead agency may extend prescribed periods. The Environmental Protection Agency may upon a showing by the lead agency of compelling reasons of national policy reduce the prescribed periods and may upon a showing by any other Federal agency of compelling reasons of national policy also extend prescribed periods, but only after consultation with the lead agency. (Also see § 1507.3(d).) Failure to file timely comments shall not be a sufficient reason for extending a period. If the lead agency does not concur with the extension of time, EPA may not extend it for more than 30 days. When the Environmental Protection Agency reduces or extends any period of time it shall notify the Council.
- 7 CFR 650.13 — Review and Comment.
- 40 CFR 1507.3 — Agency Procedures.
- 40 CFR 1501.8 — Time Limits.
- 40 CFR 1502.11 — Cover Sheet.
- 40 CFR 1505.2 — Record of Decision in Cases Requiring Environmental Impact Statements.
- 40 CFR 1503.2 — Duty to Comment.
- 40 CFR 1503.1 — Inviting Comments.
- 40 CFR 1506.9 — Filing Requirements.
- 46 CFR 504.10 — Time Constraints on Final Administrative Actions.