40 CFR 22.43 - Supplemental rules governing the administrative assessment of civil penalties against a federal agency under the Safe Drinking Water Act.
(a)Scope. This section shall apply, in conjunction with §§ 22.1 through 22.32, in administrative proceedings to assess a civil penalty against a federal agency under section 1447(b) of the Safe Drinking Water Act, 42 U.S.C. 300j-6(b). Where inconsistencies exist between this section and §§ 22.1 through 22.32, this section shall apply.
(b)Effective date of final penalty order. Any penalty order issued pursuant to this section and section 1447(b) of the Safe Drinking Water Act shall become effective 30 days after it has been served on the parties.
(c)Public notice of final penalty order. Upon the issuance of a final penalty order under this section, the Administrator shall provide public notice of the order by publication, and by providing notice to any person who requests such notice. The notice shall include:
(1) The docket number of the order;
(2) The address and phone number of the Regional Hearing Clerk from whom a copy of the order may be obtained;
(3) The location of the facility where violations were found;
(4) A description of the violations;
(5) The penalty that was assessed; and
(6) A notice that any interested person may, within 30 days of the date the order becomes final, obtain judicial review of the penalty order pursuant to section 1447(b) of the Safe Drinking Water Act, and instruction that persons seeking judicial review shall provide copies of any appeal to the persons described in 40 CFR 135.11(a).