40 CFR § 261.23 - Characteristic of reactivity.
(1) It is normally unstable and readily undergoes violent change without detonating.
(2) It reacts violently with water.
(3) It forms potentially explosive mixtures with water.
(4) When mixed with water, it generates toxic gases, vapors or fumes in a quantity sufficient to present a danger to human health or the environment.
(5) It is a cyanide or sulfide bearing waste which, when exposed to pH conditions between 2 and 12.5, can generate toxic gases, vapors or fumes in a quantity sufficient to present a danger to human health or the environment.
(6) It is capable of detonation or explosive reaction if it is subjected to a strong initiating source or if heated under confinement.
(7) It is readily capable of detonation or explosive decomposition or reaction at standard temperature and pressure.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.