40 CFR § 270.175 - For what reasons may the Director choose to modify my final RAP?
(a) The Director may modify your final RAP on his own initiative only if one or more of the following reasons listed in this section exist(s). If one or more of these reasons do not exist, then the Director will not modify your final RAP, except at your request. Reasons for modification are:
(1) You made material and substantial alterations or additions to the activity that justify applying different conditions;
(2) The Director finds new information that was not available at the time of RAP issuance and would have justified applying different RAP conditions at the time of issuance;
(3) The standards or regulations on which the RAP was based have changed because of new or amended statutes, standards or regulations, or by judicial decision after the RAP was issued;
(4) If your RAP includes any schedules of compliance, the Director may find reasons to modify your compliance schedule, such as an act of God, strike, flood, or materials shortage or other events over which you as the owner/operator have little or no control and for which there is no reasonably available remedy;
(5) You are not in compliance with conditions of your RAP;
(6) You failed in the application or during the RAP issuance process to disclose fully all relevant facts, or you misrepresented any relevant facts at the time;
(7) The Director has determined that the activity authorized by your RAP endangers human health or the environment and can only be remedied by modifying; or
(8) You have notified the Director (as required in the RAP under § 270.30(l)(3)) of a proposed transfer of a RAP.
(b) Notwithstanding any other provision in this section, when the Director reviews a RAP for a land disposal facility under § 270.195, he may modify the permit as necessary to assure that the facility continues to comply with the currently applicable requirements in parts 124, 260 through 266 and 270 of this chapter.
(c) The Director will not reevaluate the suitability of the facility location at the time of RAP modification unless new information or standards indicate that a threat to human health or the environment exists that was unknown when the RAP was issued.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- Haw. Code R. §11-270.1-10 - §11-270.1-10 - Amendments to the incorporation of 40 C.F.R. part 270, subpart H.