40 CFR 35.107 - Work plans.
(a)Bases for negotiating work plans. The work plan is negotiated between the applicant and the Regional Administrator and reflects consideration of national, regional, and State environmental and programmatic needs and priorities.
(1)Negotiation considerations. In negotiating the work plan, the Regional Administrator and applicant will consider such factors as national program guidance; any regional supplemental guidance; goals, objectives, and priorities proposed by the applicant; other jointly identified needs or priorities; and the planning target.
(2)National program guidance. If an applicant proposes a work plan that differs significantly from the goals and objectives, priorities, or core performance measures in the national program guidance associated with the proposed activities, the Regional Administrator must consult with the appropriate National Program Manager before agreeing to the work plan.
(3)Use of existing guidance. An applicant should base the grant application on the national program guidance in place at the time the application is being prepared.
(b)Work plan requirements.
(2) An approvable work plan must specify:
(i) The work plan components to be funded under the grant;
(ii) The estimated work years and the estimated funding amounts for each work plan component;
(c)Performance Partnership Agreement as work plan. An applicant may use a Performance Partnership Agreement or a portion of a Performance Partnership Agreement as the work plan for an environmental program grant if the portions of the Performance Partnership Agreement that serve as all or part of the grant work plan:
(1) Are clearly identified and distinguished from other portions of the Performance Partnership Agreement; and
(2) Meet the requirements in § 35.107(b).
- 40 CFR 35.115 — Evaluation of Performance.
- 40 CFR 35.104 — Components of a Complete Application.
- 40 CFR 35.107 — Work Plans.
- 40 CFR 35.111 — Criteria for Approving an Application.
- 40 CFR 35.137 — Application Requirements.
- 40 CFR 35.102 — Definitions of Terms.
- 40 CFR 35.112 — Factors Considered in Determining Award Amount.