40 CFR 60.2115 - What if I do not use a wet scrubber, fabric filter, activated carbon injection, selective noncatalytic reduction, an electrostatic precipitator, or a dry scrubber to comply with the emission limitations?
If you use an air pollution control device other than a wet scrubber, activated carbon injection, selective noncatalytic reduction, fabric filter, an electrostatic precipitator, or a dry scrubber or limit emissions in some other manner, including material balances, to comply with the emission limitations under § 60.2105, you must petition the EPA Administrator for specific operating limits to be established during the initial performance test and continuously monitored thereafter. You must submit the petition at least sixty days before the performance test is scheduled to begin. Your petition must include the five items listed in paragraphs (a) through (e) of this section:
(a) Identification of the specific parameters you propose to use as additional operating limits;
(b) A discussion of the relationship between these parameters and emissions of regulated pollutants, identifying how emissions of regulated pollutants change with changes in these parameters and how limits on these parameters will serve to limit emissions of regulated pollutants;
(c) A discussion of how you will establish the upper and/or lower values for these parameters which will establish the operating limits on these parameters;
(d) A discussion identifying the methods you will use to measure and the instruments you will use to monitor these parameters, as well as the relative accuracy and precision of these methods and instruments; and
(e) A discussion identifying the frequency and methods for recalibrating the instruments you will use for monitoring these parameters.
- 40 CFR 60.2175 — What Records Must I Keep?
- 40 CFR 60.2145 — How Do I Demonstrate Continuous Compliance With the Emission Limitations and the Operating Limits?
- 40 CFR 60.2165 — What Monitoring Equipment Must I Install and What Parameters Must I Monitor?
- 40 CFR 60.2210 — What Information Must I Include in My Annual Report?
- 40 CFR 60.2200 — What Information Must I Submit Following My Initial Performance Test?
- 40 CFR 60.2030 — Who Implements and Enforces This Subpart?
- 40 CFR 60.2195 — What Information Must I Submit Prior to Initial Startup?