40 CFR 62.14640 - What if I do not use a wet scrubber to comply with the emission limitations?
If you use an air pollution control device other than a wet scrubber, or limit emissions in some other manner, to comply with the emission limitations under § 62.14630, you must petition the Administrator for specific operating limits to be established during the initial performance test and continuously monitored thereafter. You must not conduct the initial performance test until after the petition has been approved by the Administrator. Your petition must include the five items listed in paragraphs (a) through (e) of this section.
(a) Identification of the specific parameters you propose to use as additional operating limits.
(b) A discussion of the relationship between these parameters and emissions of regulated pollutants, identifying how emissions of regulated pollutants change with changes in these parameters, and how limits on these parameters will serve to limit emissions of regulated pollutants.
(c) A discussion of how you will establish the upper and/or lower values for these parameters which will establish the operating limits on these parameters.
(d) A discussion identifying the methods you will use to measure and the instruments you will use to monitor these parameters, as well as the relative accuracy and precision of these methods and instruments.
(e) A discussion identifying the frequency and methods for recalibrating the instruments you will use for monitoring these parameters.
- 40 CFR 62.14670 — How Do I Demonstrate Continuous Compliance With the Emission Limitations and the Operating Limits?
- 40 CFR 62.14700 — What Records Must I Keep?
- 40 CFR 62.14690 — What Monitoring Equipment Must I Install and What Parameters Must I Monitor?
- 40 CFR 62.14838 — What Authorities Are Withheld by the EPA Administrator?
- 40 CFR 62.14560 — How Do I Comply With the Increment of Progress for Submittal of a Control Plan?
- 40 CFR 62.14720 — What Information Must I Submit Following My Initial Performance Test?
- 40 CFR 62.14730 — What Information Must I Include in My Annual Report?