40 CFR 63.1187 - What do I need to know about operations, maintenance, and monitoring plans?
(b) The operations, maintenance, and monitoring plan must include the following:
(2) A monitoring schedule.
(3) Procedures for properly operating and maintaining control devices used to meet the standards in §§ 63.1178 and 63.1179 of this subpart. These procedures must include an inspection of each incinerator at least once per year. At a minimum, you must do the following as part of an incinerator inspection:
(i) Inspect all burners, pilot assemblies, and pilot sensing devices for proper operation. Clean pilot sensor if necessary.
(ii) Ensure proper adjustment of combustion air, and adjust if necessary.
(iii) Inspect, when possible, all internal structures (such as baffles) to ensure structural integrity per the design specifications.
(iv) Inspect dampers, fans, and blowers for proper operation.
(v) Inspect motors for proper operation.
(vi) Inspect, when possible, combustion chamber refractory lining. Clean, and repair or replace lining if necessary.
(vii) Inspect incinerator shell for proper sealing, corrosion, and/or hot spots.
(viii) For the burn cycle that follows the inspection, document that the incinerator is operating properly and make any necessary adjustments.
(ix) Generally observe whether the equipment is maintained in good operating condition.
(x) Complete all necessary repairs as soon as practicable.
(5) Corrective actions you will take if process or control device parameters vary from the levels established during performance testing. For bag leak detection system alarms, example corrective actions that may be included in the operations, maintenance, and monitoring plan include:
(vi) Shutting down the process producing the particulate emissions.
- 40 CFR 63.1183 — How Do I Comply With the Formaldehyde, Phenol, and Methanol Standards for Existing, New, and Reconstructed Combined Collection/Curing Operations?
- 40 CFR 63.1178 — For Cupolas, What Standards Must I Meet?
- 40 CFR 63.1182 — How Do I Comply With the Carbon Monoxide, Carbonyl Sulfide, Hydrogen Fluoride, and Hydrogen Chloride Standards for Existing, New, and Reconstructed Cupolas?
- 40 CFR 63.1181 — How Do I Comply With the Particulate Matter Standards for Existing, New, and Reconstructed Cupolas?
- 40 CFR 63.1184 — What Do I Need to Know About the Design Specifications, Installation, and Operation of a Bag Leak Detection System?
- 40 CFR 63.11142 — What Are the Standards and Compliance Requirements for New and Existing Sources?
- 40 CFR 63.1193 — What Reports Must I Submit?