40 CFR 63.443 - Standards for the pulping system at kraft, soda, and semi-chemical processes.
(a) The owner or operator of each pulping system using the kraft process subject to the requirements of this subpart shall control the total HAP emissions from the following equipment systems, as specified in paragraphs (c) and (d) of this section.
(i) Each LVHC system;
(ii) Each knotter or screen system with total HAP mass emission rates greater than or equal to the rates specified in paragraphs (a)(1)(ii)(A) or (a)(1)(ii)(B) of this section or the combined rate specified in paragraph (a)(1)(ii)(C) of this section.
(iii) Each pulp washing system;
(iv) Each decker system that:
(A) Uses any process water other than fresh water or paper machine white water; or
(v) Each oxygen delignification system.
(2) At new affected sources, the total HAP emissions from the equipment systems listed in paragraphs (a)(1)(i), (a)(1)(iii), and (a)(1)(v) of this section and the following equipment systems shall be controlled:
(i) Each knotter system;
(ii) Each screen system;
(iii) Each decker system; and
(iv) Each weak liquor storage tank.
(b) The owner or operator of each pulping system using a semi-chemical or soda process subject to the requirements of this subpart shall control the total HAP emissions from the following equipment systems as specified in paragraphs (c) and (d) of this section.
(c) Equipment systems listed in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section shall be enclosed and vented into a closed-vent system and routed to a control device that meets the requirements specified in paragraph (d) of this section. The enclosures and closed-vent system shall meet the requirements specified in § 63.450.
(1) Reduce total HAP emissions by 98 percent or more by weight; or
(4) Reduce total HAP emissions using one of the following:
(ii) A boiler or recovery furnace with a heat input capacity greater than or equal to 44 megawatts (150 million British thermal units per hour) by introducing the HAP emission stream with the combustion air.
(e) Periods of excess emissions reported under § 63.455 shall not be a violation of § 63.443(c) and (d) provided that the time of excess emissions divided by the total process operating time in a semi-annual reporting period does not exceed the following levels:
Title 40 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 40 CFR Part 63 after this date.
- 40 CFR 63.456 — Affirmative Defense for Violation of Emission Standards During Malfunction.
- 40 CFR 63.447 — Clean Condensate Alternative.
- 40 CFR 63.446 — Standards for Kraft Pulping Process Condensates.
- 40 CFR 63.453 — Monitoring Requirements.
- 40 CFR 63.440 — Applicability.
- 40 CFR 63.457 — Test Methods and Procedures.
- 40 CFR 63.443 — Standards for the Pulping System at Kraft, Soda, and Semi-Chemical Processes.
- 40 CFR 63.450 — Standards for Enclosures and Closed-Vent Systems.
- 40 CFR 63.459 — Alternative Standards.