40 CFR 63.8242 - What are the installation, operation, and maintenance requirements for my continuous monitoring systems?
(a) If you choose the continuous mercury monitoring option under § 63.8240(a), you must install, operate, and maintain each mercury continuous emissions monitor according to paragraphs (a)(1) through (5) of this section.
(1) Each mercury continuous emissions monitor must sample, analyze, and record the concentration of mercury at least once every 15 minutes.
(2) Each mercury continuous emissions monitor analyzer must have a detector with the capability to detect a mercury concentration at or below 0.5 times the mercury concentration level measured during the performance test conducted according to § 63.8232.
(3) In lieu of a promulgated performance specification as required in § 63.8(a)(2), you must develop a site-specific monitoring plan that addresses the elements in paragraphs (a)(3)(i) through (vi) of this section.
(5) You must operate and maintain each mercury continuous emissions monitor in continuous operation according to the site-specific monitoring plan.
(b) If you choose the periodic monitoring option and your final control device is not a nonregenerable carbon adsorber, you must install, operate, and maintain a continuous parameter monitoring system (CPMS) for each parameter specified in § 63.8232(f)(1), according to § 63.8(c).
- 40 CFR 63.8254 — What Reports Must I Submit and When?
- 40 CFR 63.8244 — How Do I Monitor and Collect Data to Demonstrate Continuous Compliance?
- 40 CFR 63.8256 — What Records Must I Keep?
- 40 CFR 63.8243 — What Equations and Procedures Must I Use to Demonstrate Continuous Compliance?
- 40 CFR 63.8252 — What Notifications Must I Submit and When?
- 40 CFR 63.8240 — What Are My Monitoring Requirements?