40 CFR 86.1822-01 - Durability data vehicle selection.
(a) Within each durability group, the vehicle configuration which is expected to generate the highest level of exhaust emission deterioration on candidate vehicles in use, considering all constituents, shall be selected as the durability data vehicle configuration. The manufacturer will use good engineering judgment in making this selection.
(b) The manufacturer may select, using good engineering judgment, an equivalent or worst-case configuration in lieu of testing the vehicle selected in paragraph (a) of this section. Carryover data satisfying the provisions of § 86.1839-01 may also be used in lieu of testing the configuration selected in paragraph (a) of this section.
- 40 CFR 86.1823-01 — Durability Demonstration Procedures for Exhaust Emissions.
- 40 CFR 86.1829-01 — Durability and Emission Testing Requirements; Waivers.
- 40 CFR 86.1844-01 — Information Requirements: Application for Certification and Submittal of Information Upon Request.
- 40 CFR 86.1839-01 — Carryover of Certification Data.
- 40 CFR 86.1832-01 — Optional Equipment and Air Conditioning for Test Vehicles.
- 40 CFR 86.1803-01 — Definitions.
- 40 CFR 86.1864-10 — How to Comply With the Fleet Average Cold Temperature NMHC Standards.
- 40 CFR 86.1830-01 — Acceptance of Vehicles for Emission Testing.