40 CFR § 97.283 - Applying for CAIR opt-in permit.
(a)Applying for initial CAIR opt-in permit. The CAIR designated representative of a unit meeting the requirements for a CAIR SO2opt-in unit in § 97.280 may apply for an initial CAIR opt-in permit at any time, except as provided under § 97.286(f) and (g), and, in order to apply, must submit the following:
(1) A complete CAIR permit application under § 97.222;
(iv) Vents all of its emissions to a stack; and
(3) A monitoring plan in accordance with subpart HHH of this part;
(5) A statement, in a format specified by the permitting authority, whether the CAIR designated representative requests that the unit be allocated CAIR SO2 allowances under § 97.288(b) or § 97.288(c) (subject to the conditions in §§ 97.284(h) and 97.286(g)), to the extent such allocation is provided in a State implementation plan revision submitted in accordance with § 51.124(r)(1), (2), or (3) of this chapter and approved by the Administrator. If allocation under § 97.288(c) is requested, this statement shall include a statement that the owners and operators of the unit intend to repower the unit before January 1, 2015 and that they will provide, upon request, documentation demonstrating such intent.
(b)Duty to reapply.
(1) The CAIR designated representative of a CAIR SO2opt-in unit shall submit a complete CAIR permit application under § 97.222 to renew the CAIR opt-in unit permit in accordance with the permitting authority's regulations for title V operating permits, or the permitting authority's regulations for other federally enforceable permits if applicable, addressing permit renewal.
(2) Unless the permitting authority issues a notification of acceptance of withdrawal of the CAIR SO2opt-in unit from the CAIR SO2 Trading Program in accordance with § 97.286 or the unit becomes a CAIR SO2unit under § 97.204, the CAIR SO2opt-in unit shall remain subject to the requirements for a CAIR SO2opt-in unit, even if the CAIR designated representative for the CAIR SO2opt-in unit fails to submit a CAIR permit application that is required for renewal of the CAIR opt-in permit under paragraph (b)(1) of this section.