42 CFR 405.1843 - Parties to proceedings in a Board appeal.
(a) When a provider files a request for a hearing before the Board in accordance with § 405.1835 or § 405.1837 of this subpart, the parties to all proceedings in the Board appeal include the provider, a contractor, and, where applicable, any other entity found by the Board to be a related organization of the provider under the principles enunciated in § 413.17 of this chapter.
(2) The regulations at 45 CFR Part 2 (Testimony by employees and production of documents in proceedings where the United States is not a party) apply as to whether such employee or officer will appear.
(d) Although CMS is not a party to proceedings in a Board appeal, there may be instances where CMS determines that the administrative policy implications of a case are substantial enough to warrant comment from CMS (as described in § 405.1863 of this subpart). CMS -
(f) The Board may exclude from the record all or part of an amicus curiae briefing paper. When the Board excludes from the record all or part of an amicus curiae briefing paper submitted by CMS, it states for the record its reason(s) in writing.
- 42 CFR 405.1868 — Board Actions in Response to Failure to Follow Board Rules.
- 42 CFR 405.1836 — Good Cause Extension of Time Limit for Requesting a Board Hearing.
- 42 CFR 405.1840 — Board Jurisdiction.
- 42 CFR 405.1842 — Expedited Judicial Review.
- 42 CFR 405.1845 — Composition of Board; Hearings, Decisions, and Remands.