42 CFR § 423.2610 - Hearing official review.
(a) Time for filing a request. A Part D plan sponsor must file with CMS a request for a hearing official review within 30 calendar days from the date of the independent reviewer's issuance of a determination.
(b) Content of the request.
(1) The request must be in writing and must provide evidence or reasons or both to substantiate the request.
(2) The Part D plan sponsor must submit with its request all supporting documentation, evidence, and substantiation that it wants to be considered.
(3) No new evidence may be submitted.
(4) Documentation, evidence, or substantiation submitted after the filing of the request will not be considered.
(1) The rebuttal must be submitted within 30 calendar days of the Part D plan sponsor's submission of its hearing official review request.
(2) In all cases, the hearing official's review is limited to information that meets one or more of the following:
(i) The Part D RAC used in making its determinations.
(ii) The independent reviewer used in making its determinations.
(iii) The Part D plan sponsor submits with its hearing request.
(3) Neither the Part D plan sponsor nor CMS may submit new evidence.