42 CFR 431.120 - State requirements with respect to nursing facilities.
(a) State plan requirements. A State plan must -
(1) Provide that the requirements of subpart D of part 483 of this chapter are met; and
(2) Specify the procedures and rules that the State follows in carrying out the specified requirements, including review and approval of State-operated programs.
(3) To an NF or ICF/IID that is dissatisfied with a determination as to the effective date of its provider agreement.
(b) Basis and scope of requirements. The requirements set forth in part 483 of this chapter pertain to the following aspects of nursing facility services and are required by the indicated sections of the Act.
(1) Nurse aide training and competency programs, and evaluation of nurse aide competency (1919(e)(1) of the Act).
(2) Nurse aide registry (1919(e)(2) of the Act).