42 CFR 435.110 - Parents and other caretaker relatives.
(a)Basis. This section implements sections 1931(b) and (d) of the Act.
(b)Scope. The agency must provide Medicaid to parents and other caretaker relatives, as defined in § 435.4, and, if living with such parent or other caretaker relative, his or her spouse, whose household income is at or below the income standard established by the agency in the State plan, in accordance with paragraph (c) of this section.
(1) The minimum income standard is a State's AFDC income standard in effect as of May 1, 1988 for the applicable family size converted to a MAGI-equivalent standard in accordance with guidance issued by the Secretary under section 1902(e)(14)(A) and (E) of the Act.
(2) The maximum income standard is the higher of -
(i) The effective income level in effect for section 1931 low-income families under the Medicaid State plan or waiver of the State plan as of March 23, 2010 or December 31, 2013, if higher, converted to a MAGI-equivalent standard in accordance with guidance issued by the Secretary under section 1902(e)(14)(A) and (E) of the Act; or
(ii) A State's AFDC income standard in effect as of July 16, 1996 for the applicable family size, increased by no more than the percentage increase in the Consumer Price Index for all urban consumers between July 16, 1996 and the effective date of such increase.
Title 42 published on 2015-11-28
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 435 after this date.
- 42 CFR 435.733 — Post-Eligibility Treatment of Income of Institutionalized Individuals in States Using More Restrictive Requirements Than SSI: Application of Patient Income to the Cost of Care.
- 42 CFR 435.1205 — Alignment With Exchange Initial Open Enrollment Period.
- 42 CFR 435.725 — Post-Eligibility Treatment of Income of Institutionalized Individuals in SSI States: Application of Patient Income to the Cost of Care.
- 42 CFR 435.911 — Determination of Eligibility.
- 42 CFR 435.115 — Families With Medicaid Eligibility Extended Because of Increased Collection of Spousal Support.
- 42 CFR 435.150 — Former Foster Care Children.
- 42 CFR 435.220 — Optional Eligibility for Parents and Other Caretaker Relatives.
- 42 CFR 435.226 — Optional Eligibility for Independent Foster Care Adolescents.