42 CFR 435.211 - Optional eligibility for individuals who would be eligible for cash assistance if they were not in medical institutions.
(a)Basis. This section implements section 1902(a)(10)(A)(ii)(IV) of the Act.
(b)Eligibility. The agency may provide Medicaid to any group or groups of individuals specified in § 435.201(a)(1) through (3) who are institutionalized in a title XIX reimbursable medical institution and who:
(1) Are ineligible for the SSI or an optional State supplement program in States that provide Medicaid to optional State supplement recipients, because of lower income standards used under the program to determine eligibility for institutionalized individuals; but
- 42 CFR 435.733 — Post-Eligibility Treatment of Income of Institutionalized Individuals in States Using More Restrictive Requirements Than SSI: Application of Patient Income to the Cost of Care.
- 42 CFR 435.725 — Post-Eligibility Treatment of Income of Institutionalized Individuals in SSI States: Application of Patient Income to the Cost of Care.
- 42 CFR 435.230 — Aged, Blind, and Disabled Individuals in States That Use More Restrictive Requirements for Medicaid Than SSI Requirements: Optional Coverage.
- 42 CFR 435.236 — Individuals in Institutions Who Are Eligible Under a Special Income Level.