42 CFR 435.948 - Verifying financial information.
(a) The agency must in accordance with this section request the following information relating to financial eligibility from other agencies in the State and other States and Federal programs to the extent the agency determines such information is useful to verifying the financial eligibility of an individual:
(1) Information related to wages, net earnings from self-employment, unearned income and resources from the State Wage Information Collection Agency (SWICA), the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the Social Security Administration (SSA), the agencies administering the State unemployment compensation laws, the State-administered supplementary payment programs under section 1616(a) of the Act, and any State program administered under a plan approved under Titles I, X, XIV, or XVI of the Act; and
(2) Information related to eligibility or enrollment from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, the State program funded under part A of title IV of the Act, and other insurance affordability programs.
(b) To the extent that the information identified in paragraph (a) of this section is available through the electronic service established in accordance with § 435.949 of this subpart, the agency must obtain the information through such service.
(c) The agency must request the information by SSN, or if an SSN is not available, using other personally identifying information in the individual's account, if possible.
- 42 CFR 457.380 — Eligibility Verification.
- 42 CFR 433.138 — Identifying Liable Third Parties.
- 42 CFR 435.960 — Standardized Formats for Furnishing and Obtaining Information to Verifying Income and Eligibility.
- 42 CFR 435.952 — Use of Information and Requests of Additional Information From Individuals.
- 42 CFR 435.945 — General Requirements.
- 42 CFR 435.916 — Periodic Renewal of Medicaid Eligibility.