(1) Interprets those provisions of section 1927 of the Act that set forth requirements for drug manufacturers' calculating and reporting average manufacturer prices (AMPs) and best prices and that set upper payment limits for covered outpatient drugs.
(2) Implements section 1903(i)(10) of the Act with regard to the denial of Federal financial participation (FFP) in expenditures for certain physician-administered drugs.
(3) Implements section 1902(a)(54) of the Act with regard to a State plan that provides covered outpatient drugs.
(4) Implements section 1903(m)(2)(A)(xiii) of the Act, in part, and section 1927(b) of the Act with regard to rebates for covered outpatient drugs dispensed to individuals eligible for medical assistance who are enrolled in Medicaid managed care organizations (MCOs).
(5) Implements section 1902(a)(30)(A) of the Act with regard to the efficiency, economy, and quality of care in the context of payments for covered outpatient drugs.
(b)Purpose. This subpart specifies certain requirements in the Social Security Act, including changes from the Affordable Care Act and other requirements pertaining to Medicaidpayment for drugs.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.